Translate

' I AM '...


"Where did I come from?" When you say that, you're not saying where did my body come from. You're saying where did ‘I’ come from ’I’.

I’’ is separate from your body; Your body is attached to ‘I’. The I’’ is not your body. I is separate from the world, but the world is attached to I’’. God is separate from the world, but God is attached to I’’. Therefore, when you ask, " Where did ‘I’ come from," something happens to your mind.

Your mind becomes weaker and weaker. And when your mind becomes weaker and weaker, the ‘I’ begins to expand and becomes all pervading.

Then the ‘I’ becomes another word for the Self, and you begin to realize I’’ is none other than the Self. I Am That. You become free.

It isn't hard and it isn't easy. It just is.

Think about yourself for a moment. Watch what thoughts come to you when you think about yourself. Some of you are saying, "I'm hungry." Some of you are thinking of your needs. As soon as you think about yourself, you think about your body. But your Self is not your body. Your body is only a heap of rotten flesh, but that's not you. You are I’’. I AM. I am not this and not that.



-Robert Adams

No comments: