Translate

' Thoughts on a Thursday Night '...


I have been thinking about the death of John Prine..

His Body died the other day at seventy-three years..

Seventy-three is my age , I remember him in my youth within the Woodstock Generation..

We were all into Folk Music, I would meet hundreds of kindred spirits in Greenwich Village..

We would play guitars and sing these songs in Washington Square..

I would see Peter,Paul, and Mary walk towards me and be in shock..

We would sing Dylan, Donavan, Tom Rush, Tom paxton, Joan Baez, songs..

I once sang with Melonie at Town Hall in Manhattan..

It was a Time filled with Love, Nothing like today..

I witnessed Love turn into distrust and hate when Heroin entered the scene..

This drug distroyed the Woodstock Love of that generation..

Can this Vibration be Born-Again?..


-thomas

No comments: