Translate

Forgiveness...


Forgiveness is very important if you are to dispose of karma.
karma is felt in this life and if you are still trapped within the belief that you are a separate ego, karma will be felt in future incarnations..

This is why Forgiveness must be attended to as soon as possible..

Jack Kornfield offers a method below to help you..

namaste, thomas

.........................



Asking Forgiveness of Others

Recite: 'There are many ways that I have hurt and harmed others. I have betrayed or abandoned them, caused them suffering, knowingly or unknowingly, out of my pain, fear, anger, and confusion.' Let yourself remember and visualize the ways you have hurt others. Sense the pain you have caused out of your own fear and confusion. Feel your own sorrow and regret. Recognize that finally you can release this burden and ask for forgiveness. Picture each memory that still burdens your heart. And then to each person in your mind repeat, 'I ask for your forgiveness, I ask for your forgiveness.'

Offering Forgiveness to Yourself

Recite, 'There are many ways I have hurt and harmed myself. I have betrayed or abandoned myself many times through thought, word, or deed, knowingly and unknowingly.' Feel your own precious body and life. Let yourself see the ways you have hurt or harmed yourself. Picture them, remember them. Feel the sorrow you have carried from this and sense that you can release these burdens. Extend forgiveness for each of them, one by one. Repeat to yourself, 'For the ways I have hurt myself through action or inaction, out of my fear, pain, and confusion, I now extend a full and heartfelt forgiveness. I forgive myself, I forgive myself.'

Offering Forgiveness to those who have hurt or harmed you

Recite, 'There are many ways that I have been harmed by others, abused or abandoned, knowingly or unknowingly, in thought, word, or deed.' Let yourself picture and remember these many ways. Feel the sorrow you have carried from this past, and sense that you can release this burden of pain by extending forgiveness whenever your heart is ready. Now say to yourself, 'I now remember the many ways others have hurt or harmed me, wounded me, out of fear, pain, confusion, and anger. I have carried this pain in my heart too long. To the extent that I am ready, I offer them forgiveness. To those who have cause me harm, I offer my forgiveness, I forgive you."
--



No comments: