Translate

God Is...


Francis Bennett;
God is Existence, Consciousness and Bliss

We have been told by those who know by direct experience that God is Existence, Consciousness and Bliss. But what does that actually mean?

If God is existence itself then God cannot really be said to exist. But I exist and you exist. Then you and I must exist in this God who is existence itself, and logically it must follow that God is in us. “In God we live and move and have our being” said Saint Paul.

Then we might think, “If I am in God and God is in me, why don’t I know it?

Why have I been running around everywhere looking for God who is already within me?”

Looking for God is completely understandable. We are hard-wired to look for God.

The question is, why do we continue looking in the wrong direction?

Why do we look for God out there somewhere when God has always been within our own heart?

The really ironic thing is that once we find God in our hearts, we begin to see God in everything, and we see everything in God.


No comments: