Translate

' Thoughts on a Friday Night '...


Every time that I place a Melanie song on this white page, I remember..

After her first album appeared,

Her first big venue was a place called 'Town Hall' in Manhattan..

I would listen to Allison Steele, the 'Night Bird', a local Disc Jockey in New York City..

She would play the album of Melanie, the strange vocals were enticing to my ear..

I was studying 'Folk Music',

which was a very important part of the Awakening of Love during the Woodstock experience..

I and two friends went to see her at this first concert and could get 'Standing room only' tickets..

We stood in the very top of the 'nose bleed area '..

At Intermission, my friends told me of the marble bathrooms..

My curiosity and bladder led the way to this destination..

As I walked out, I followed a string of paintings to the back of the Stage..

The Stage Manager thought that I was the missing 'Back Up' singer and put me on stage..

Fortunately, I had already memorized her album..

My former time within a 'Doo Wop' group, helped a lot..

I invited my two friends to the 'After Party' below the Stage..

Melanie and I spent the entire time talking to each other..

How strange, life is...



-thomas










No comments: