Translate

' The Divinity of Deeper- Self '...


"How am I to start upon this process of true self-knowledge?"

The answer begins with this: first adopt the right attitude.

Believe in the divinity of your deeper self.

Stop looking elsewhere for light, stop wandering hither and thither for power.

Your intelligence has become falsified through excessive attention to external living, hence you are not even aware in which direction to look when you seek for the real Truth.

You are not even aware that all you need can be obtained by the power within, by the omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient Self.

You have to change, first of all, the line of thought and faith which pleads helplessly: "I am a weak man; I am unlikely to rise any higher than my present level; I live in darkness and move amid opposing environments that overwhelm me."

Rather should you engrave on your heart the high phrases: "I possess illimitable power within me; I can create a diviner life and truer vision than I now possess."

Do this and then surrender your body, your heart and mind to the Infinite Power which sustains all.

Strive to obey Its inward promptings and then declare your readiness to accept whatsoever lot it assigns you.

This is your challenge to the gods and they will surely answer you.

Your soul will be slowly or suddenly liberated; your body will be granted a freer pathway through conditions.

You may have to be prepared for a few changes before the feet find rest, but always you shall find that the Power in which you have placed an abiding trust does not go into default.



-- Notebooks Category 1: Overview of the Quest >
Chapter 5: Self-Development > # 1 Paul Brunton



No comments: