Translate

' Buddha teaches Dhamma '...

Buddha teaches Dhamma. He does not establish any particular religion or sect. On one occasion, while explaining Dhamma to some people, Buddha said: "I am not interested to make you my disciples. I am not interested to snatch you away from your traditional gurus. Your aim is to become liberated from misery. I am not interested to take you away from that aim. Everyone wants to come out of misery. Nobody wants to live a miserable life. I am here to help you fulfill your aim, to come out of misery. I have a technique for doing that. Give it a trial.”.......................... This was Buddha’s way of teaching. He was so detached! ...................... Acharya S. N. Goenka Note : Dhamma teaches two universal and secular truths : samsara (cycle of birth and death) and Nirvana (liberation from cycle of birth and death). As such, it is free from all sectarian views, doctrines, philosophies and the like. Religions are not free from sectarian views.

No comments: