Translate

The Bhagavad Gita...

"The blessed Lord said,
'Again, great-armed one, hear my supreme word,
which I shall tell to you, the beloved,
with desire for your welfare.
Neither the many gods nor the great seers know my origin,
for I am the source of the divine ones
and the great seers in every way.
Whoever knows me, unborn and without beginning,
the great Lord of the world,
this one undeluded among mortals is released from all evils.

"'Intuition, knowledge, non-delusion, patience, truth,
control, equanimity, happiness, sorrow,
being, non-being, and fear and fearlessness,
nonviolence, impartiality, contentment, austerity, charity,
fame, disrepute, the manifold essences of being
come to be from me alone.
The seven great seers of old, the four Manus also,
are my mental essences,
whose creatures are born in the world.

"'Whoever knows in truth this manifest power and my union,
by unwavering yoga is united; of this there is no doubt.
I am the origin of everything; from me everything proceeds.
Thinking thus, the wise honor me endowed with essence.
Those conscious of me, their vitality focused on me,
enlightening each other and always speaking of me,
they are content and pleased.
To those worshippers constantly united affectionately,
I give this intuitive union by which they come to me.
Out of compassion for them,
I staying in the soul essence,
destroy the darkness born of ignorance
with the illuminating lamp of knowledge.'

"Arjuna said,
'Supreme God, supreme domain, purifier supreme, Lord,
eternal divine Spirit, primal God, unborn, omnipresent,
thus all seers call you,
the divine seer Narada, Asita Devala, Vyasa,
and yourself, you tell me.
I think all this is right which you say to me, Keshava,
for neither the gods nor the demons
know your manifestation, blessed one.
You know the soul by your soul alone, highest Spirit,
essence of being, Lord of beings,
God of gods, ruler of the universe.
You can tell completely the divine soul manifestations
by which manifestation you stay pervading these worlds.

"'How may I know you, yogi, always meditating?
And in what various essences
are you conceived by me, blessed one?
Explain further in detail
the union and manifestation of the soul, Janardana,
for to me there is no satiation of hearing immortality.'

"The blessed Lord said,
'Listen, for I shall explain to you
the main soul manifestations, best of Kurus;
there is no end to my expansion.

"'I am the soul, Gudakesha,
staying in the heart of all beings,
and I am the beginning and the middle and the end of beings.
Of the Adityas, I am Vishnu;
of the lights, the radiant sun;
I am Marici of the Maruts;
of the mighty ones, I am the moon.
Of the Vedas, I am the Sama Veda;
of the gods, I am Vasava;
and of the senses, I am the mind;
of beings, I am the consciousness.
And of the Rudras, I am Shankara,
Vittesha of the Yakshas and Rakshasas;
and of the Vasus, I am fire;
I am Meru of the mountains.
And of the household priests, Partha,
know me to be the chief, Brihaspati;
of the army commanders, I am Skanda;
of the lakes, I am the ocean.
Of the great seers, I am Bhrigu;
of words, I am the one syllable;
of sacrifices, I am the prayer,
of immovable things, the Himalaya,
the sacred fig tree of all trees
and of the divine seers, Narada,
of the Gandharvas, Chitraratha,
of the perfected, the sage Kapila.
Uchchaihshravas of the horses,
know me to be born of nectar,
Airavata of the lordly elephants,
and of people, the Lord of people.
Of weapons, I am the thunderbolt;
of cows, I am the cow of plenty;
and I am the generating desire god;
of snakes, I am Vasuki,
and I am Ananta of the cobras;
I am Varuna of the water creatures,
and of the ancestors, I am Aryaman.
I am Yama of the governors,
and I am Prahlada of the Daityas;
I am time of the calculators,
and of the beasts I am king of beasts;
and I am Vainateya of the birds.
I am the wind of the purifiers;
I am Rama of the warriors,
and of sea monsters, I am Makara;
of rivers, I am the daughter of Jahnu.

"'Of creations, I am the beginning
and the end and also the middle, Arjuna;
oversoul science of the sciences,
I am the dialectic of those who debate.
Of letters, I am the letter A
and the dual of the compounds;
I am imperishable time;
I am the establisher facing all directions,
and I am all-destroying death
and the origin of things that come to be.
Fame, prosperity, and speech of the feminine words,
memory, intelligence, courage, patience,
also the Brihat Saman of the chants,
I am the gayatri of the meters;
of months, I am Sagittarius, of seasons, the spring.
I am gambling of the cheats;
I am the splendor of the splendid ones;
I am victory; I am determination;
I am the goodness of the good ones.
Of the Vishnis, I am Vasudeva,
of the sons of Pandu, wealth winner,
of the sages, I am also Vyasa,
of the poets, the poet Ushanas.
I am the clout of the rulers;
I am the guidance of those seeking victory;
and I am also the silence of secrets;
I am the knowledge of those that know.
And that which is the seed of all beings, I am that, Arjuna;
there is no being, animate or inanimate,
that could exist without me.
There is no end to my divine manifestations, foe scorcher;
but this extent of the manifestation
declared by me is illustrative.

"'Whatever manifest goodness, glorious and powerful,
you understand that
that originates from a fraction of my splendor.
However, what is this extensive knowledge to you, Arjuna?
I support this whole stable universe with one fraction.'

No comments: