Translate

What Meditation Has Taught Me...

I don’t know to what degree meditation is known in its very real and core essential. I do know that I used to understand it only superficially, but I have learned. Meditation is the gateway to a new world, a greater mind, a capacity we have that is infinite and divine in its essential.

Years ago I had the privilege of having private darshan (audience) with Muktananda. I was very Westernized at the time, to say the least. In his presence, however, I felt an enormous surge of love in my heart and a huge dedication to helping the world through my profession. When I asked for advice as to my further development, he said, “Meditate, meditate, meditate.” While I thought that was superficial at the time, I have learned it is essential. It is The Essential.

What is there about meditation that makes me say this?

We are essentially Divinity (Spirit), precipitated as we descend from the creative heights into this material plane. We learn here, and we return. Meditation is learning here and return, both at the same time.

When we meditate, we loosen the ties with our earthly home by removing attention from the body, from the emotions, and from the ordinary preoccupations of life. Then we are in a place of silence; we are at the cusp. We remain in contact with the earth, but we are open to reception from High Planes, from the Cosmic Wisdom. If we retain what we learn (if we remember it), we can weave it into life and grow progressively into the Spirit-beings that we are...........By Maurie D. Pressman, M.D.

No comments: