Translate

I Am that I Am...

Only Presence can free you of the ego, and you can only be present Now, not yesterday or tomorrow.

Spiritual realization is to see clearly that what I perceive, experience, think, or feel is ultimately not who I am, that I cannot find myself in all those things that continuously pass away. The Buddha was probably the first human being to see this clearly, and so "anata" [no self] became one of the central points of his teaching. And when Jesus said, "Deny thyself," what he meant was: Negate [and thus undo] the illusion of self.

Can I sense my essential Beingness, the I Am, in the background of my life at all times? To be more accurate, can I sense the I Am that I Am at this moment? Can I sense my essential identity as consciousness itself? Or am I losing myself in what happens, losing myself in the mind, in the world?

~ Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiritual truth will rise up until there is nothing else in our consciousness except the presence of Spirit and Its inspiration.

~ Linda McNamar

No comments: