Translate

' I'm Thine '...



More than a thousand hearts have You laid waste, More than a thousand suffer grief for You, More than a thousand wounds of Yours I've counted,

Yet the uncounted still are more than these.

Lord! who am I, and of what company? How long shall tears of blood thus blind my eyes? When other refuge fails I'll turn to You, And if You fail me, where shall I go?

I am that sea now gathered in a tear.

I am that universe now centered here.

I am that book of destiny which seems

To form a lonely dot of hope and fear.

If I am trapped in flesh and lust - I'm Thine

And though I doubt Thine ways, or trust - I'm Thine.

Whether to Christ I cling or Mazda's Wing

Behind these veils of dreams and dust - I'm Thine.

Whether I cling, whether I part- You know.

Whether I break or keep my heart - You know.

Whether I crown my head or drown my eyes,

You know my goal from end to start - You know.

I find my ill in You, my cure in You.

I part from You and then endure in You.

If knives would cut my tissues each from each,

My naked soul is e'er secure in You.



Baba Taher Hamadani
Persian Mystic

No comments: