Translate

' From Darkness to Light '...


I first believed without any hesitation in the existence of the soul, and then I
wondered about the secret of its nature.

I persevered and strove in search of
the soul, and found at last that I myself was the cover over my own soul.

I
realized that that in me which believed and that in me which wondered, that
which was found at last, was no other than my soul.

I thanked the darkness that
brought me to the light, and I valued this veil that prepared for me the vision
in which I saw myself reflected, the vision procuced in the mirror of my soul.

Since then I have seen all souls as my soul, and realized my soul as the soul of
all.

And what bewilderment it was when I realized that I alone was, if there
were anyone; that I am whatever and whoever exists; and that I shall be whoever
there will be in the future.

And there was no end to my happiness and joy.
Verily, I am the seed and I am the root, and I am the fruit of this tree of
life.


From The Teachings Of
HAZRAT INAYAT KHAN

Selected & Arranged By
HAZRAT PIR VILAYAT INAYAT KHAN

No comments: