Translate

When egoity vanishes...


So many conversations on the words of Jesus have taken his sentence "I and my Father are one" to mean a kind of union like marriage.

But they overlook the fact that married couples still remain couples, still express the number two.

Jesus did not say, "I and my father are two."

The number one is definitely not two.

For Jesus found, as every other man who attains that stage of consciousness finds, that when contemplating the Infinite Life-Power (which he named the Father) he himself vanished.

There was then no other consciousness except that of the Infinite itself.

For That was the substratum of his own "I."

But what happened in his contemplation two thousand years ago still happens today;

the same discovery is made when the illusion of egoity vanishes.


- Paul Brunton

No comments: