Translate

A True Teacher...


"It is the mercy of my true Guru that has made me to know the unknown;

I have learned from Him how to walk without feet,
to see without eyes, to hear without ears, to drink without mouth, to fly without wings;


I have brought my love and my meditation into the land where there is no sun and moon, nor day and night.


Without eating, I have tasted of the sweetness of nectar; and without water, I have quenched my thirst.


Where there is the response of delight, there is the fullness of joy.

Before whom can that joy be uttered?


Kabir says: 'The Guru is great beyond words, and great is the good fortune of the disciple.'"


Kabir
in _Songs of Kabir_, XXVII (II. 81)
Translated by Rabindranath Tagore
New York: The Macmillan Company, 1915, p. 75-76

No comments: