Translate

A Transcendent Experience...


The words used to describe the spirit descending into Jesus after his baptism correspond very closely with one of my own experiences.

Often, this awakening is a transcendent experience; you awaken up and out of your identity with body and mind.

In my case, I had that experience too, a very powerful experience of moving up and out. Spirit or consciousness literally moved up and out of the body and the mind, and for a period of time there was absolutely no experience of anything. The body was gone. The mind was gone. I had no perception of the world or my surroundings; I had moved into a total void.

From that state of voidness, after a while a download of insight began—literally hundreds of insights per second down-loaded into my system.

Just as you download a program on your computer, spirit or divine being was downloading insights into me, many more than I could actually keep up with. This descent was just as depicted in the Jesus story...


Adyashanti - Resurrecting Jesus

No comments: