Translate

speak complete Truth...


Isa Ibn Abdulwahab al-Hindi held long and frequent conversations in
which he discoursed on every imaginable topic, for a number of years.

One day a certain respected Sheikh called upon him and said: "My
heart is heavy, for it is reported that you have spoken critically of
me on many occasions."

Isa said: "I have said twenty times that there are disparities
between your words and actions. Can you doubt that this is true?"

The sheikh asked: "I would be glad to hear the grounds upon which
you find fault with me."

Isa replied: "You will know them the moment you hear the two
hundred occasions on which I have praised you before those same people
who, in the name of accuracy, now inwardly seek to separate us.

To
report half a thing is worse than reporting nothing.

To report one-
tenth of a thing is equal to falsification."



as collected by Idries Shah

No comments: