Translate

The Self...


The Self is ever-present; there is no question of realising it. You can neither reach it nor attain it because you are the Self even now. It is said that the mind prevents one from being aware of the Self, but the mind is non-existent. The Self alone exists, and one who knows this knows that there is no birth, no death, no mind, no time and no question of enlightenment. This is the final truth.



The first thought to appear is the 'I' thought. It rises in the Heart and in a split second travels to the brain, identifies with the body and the senses, and then sees the world around it as a real world. Follow the quest 'Who am I?'. Follow the 'I' back to its source. When the 'I' goes back to its source and identifies with the Self instead of with the senses, there is eternal peace and bliss. To do this you have to get rid of all thoughts. The first of all thoughts is the 'I' thought. Give up all other thoughts and catch hold of the 'I' thought. The Self will then embrace that 'I' and devour it.


(Extracts from NO MIND, I AM THE SELF. Available from www.davidgodman.org)

No comments: