Translate

never born, never die...


"I am never born, I never die. Yet every moment I take birth and undergo death.
The countless illusory births and deaths are necessary landmarks in the
progression of man's consciousness to Truth - a prelude to the Real Death and
the Real Birth. The Real Death is when one dies to self; and the Real Birth is
when, dying to self, one is born in God to live forever His eternal Life
consciously.

"Although I am present everywhere eternally in my formless Infinite State, from
time to time I take Form. This taking of Form and the leaving of it is termed My
physical birth and death. In this sense, I was born sixty years ago and will die
when my Universal Work is finished.

"Your celebrating my _shastipurti_ [sixtieth] birthday today with all your love,
enthusiasm and zeal has deeply touched Me and makes me give you My blessings for
the ultimate understanding that we are all one; that God alone is real and that
all else is false."



Meher Baba
in Bal Natu
_Glimpses of the God-Man Meher Baba_
Myrtle Beach, SC: Sheriar Press, 1987, Vol. 5, p. 162

No comments: