Translate

Awakening...

There is a state in which the mind says, "I have no idea who I am," because it can't find the right script. Awakening is the realization that happens after the mind says, "I give up. I just have no idea who I am."

When you start to understand this, you realize that if you put down your script of being someone listening, and if you put down your script of being someone saying something, and you just drop these roles for a moment, you are not who you have taken yourself to be.

Coming to gatherings where truth is talked about (satsang) is a very revolutionary thing for this idea of "me" to do, because the me thinks it's going to get its happiness through changing its script, its role, its identity -- even if its identity is to have no identity.

It will do whatever it takes to keep the ball called "me" rolling.

~ From: Emptiness Dancing, by Adyashanti. www.adyashanti.org

1 comment:

Tommy Tiger said...

Absolutely Thanks very simply stated