Translate

Control the mind...

In battle, if someone shoots an arrow at you, you shoot one back. In maya, if the arrow of a bad idea comes speeding towards you, dodge it. Don't let it stick to you or you will end up in pain. Then, in retaliation, fire back the arrow of `I am the Self' at the place where the wrong idea came from.




Sadhana is a battlefield. You have to be vigilant. Don't take delivery of wrong beliefs and don't identify with the incoming thoughts that will give you pain and suffering. But if these things start to happen to you, fight back by affirming, `I am the Self; I am the Self; I am the Self'. These affirmations will lessen the power of the `I am the body' arrows and eventually they will armour-plate you so successfully, the `I am the body' thoughts that come your way will no longer have the power to touch you, affect you or make you suffer.




This fight all takes place within maya because in reality you are peace and peace alone. But while you are suffering in maya you can use these thoughts as a means of ultimately conquering it.




Annamalai Swami
Final Talks
David Godman, ed
Avdhuta Foundation, pub

p.33-4

No comments: