Translate

" I Am"...

Go deep into the sense of `I am' and you will find. How do you
find a thing you have mislaid or forgotten? You keep it in your
mind until you recall it. The sense of being, of `I am' is the first to
emerge. Ask yourself whence it comes or just watch it quietly.
When the mind stays in the `I am', without moving, you enter a
state, which cannot be verbalized, but which can be experienced.
All you need to do is to try and try again. After all the sense of `I
am' is always with you, only you have attached all kinds of things
to it- body, feelings, thoughts, ideas, possessions and so on. All
these self-identifications are misleading, because of these you take
yourself to be what you are not.

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `


"I Am That"
Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
The Acorn Press, 1973

No comments: