Translate

Surrendering to God...

So give up your intellectual exercises of trying to know God with the mind or to worship Him with the mind, and live in the constant atmosphere of, "I live, yet not I. Christ liveth my life. God is my being." In the degree that you live in that atmosphere, you give up any pretense that you are accomplishing anything of your own self. Then there is no sense of personal attainment, there is no ego, there is no personal self.

The more you surrender your self that God may function as your mind, you soul, your life, your breathing, your being, your body, the more Divine Grace will be expressed as and through you. The ignorant may say that you are wonderful, noble beautiful. But you, within yourself, will say to yourself, "How I wish you knew that this is not me you see but 'the Father who sent me,' for I and the Father are one." But this is true only when you have surrendered your self to the extent that you are not trying to manipulate and influence God with your mind, not even in your behalf or your neighbor's behalf. It is true only when you accept God as the Being of every being and let Him function through you.
~ Joel S. Goldsmith, Living By Grace

No comments: